Tourist sights

(Română) Transylvaliens Festival

Sorry, this entry is only available in Romanian.

Șuvari Sașilor Natural Reserve – Tălmaciu

Șuvara Sașilor is a protected area of ​​national interest corresponding to IUCNț’s fourth category (natural botanical reserve), located in southern Transylvania, in Sibiu County. The natural reserve is located in Sibiu County’s southern extremity, on the western Read More …

The Fortress of Tălmaciu

The fortress used to be called Landskrone, translated as “The Crown of the Land” or “The Crown of the Country”. The people of Racovița called it „Cășile Urieșilor” (The Giants’ Houses). It was a historical monument until Read More …

Evangelical vicarage from Tălmaciu

Evangelical vicarage Tălmaciu represents a heritage of national interest and is registered with the Ministry of Culture, National Heritage Institute with number SB-II-MB-12569. The vicarage located in the north – west of the church has its current Read More …

Evangelical Church from Tălmaciu

The school and church are considered great cultural goods in every corner of the world. The Saxons gave them an even greater importance, both being the core of their national life. The church is the most powerful Read More …

Orthodox church dedicated to “St. Archangels Michael and Gabriel” from Tălmaciu

The place of worship was built between 1999-2012, brick and concrete, the trefoil, with a high tower on the nave and is ready for painting. The cornerstone of this church was placed on 9 November 1999 in Read More …

Ortodox church dedicated to “St. Nicholas” from Tălmaciu

Few in number until 1918, Romanians have had neither a school, nor a church in Tălmaciu. After the unification in 1918, people had to go to church in Tălmăcel. After the school was built, a small chapel Read More …

Orthodox church “Saint Basil” from Tălmaciu II

The orthodox church dedicated to “St. Vasile cel Mare (Saint Basil)” from workers’ neighborhood in Tălmaciu II (colony) was installed in a former chapel and has an impressive painting. Contact: Address: Main street No. 10, Tălmaciu II – workers’ Read More …

Veștem Hermitage

Veștem Hermitage was founded in 2007. Its chapel has a leaf shaped form. A grand complex is to be built, with a cathedral and a monastic academy. Next to the hermitage church, there is a valley called Read More …

Turnu Roșu Monastery

One does not know the exact date of construction of the old monastery, demolished by the end of the eighteenth century (in 1761) by general Bucow, in order to satisfy empress Maria Theresa’s desire of preventing the Read More …

The Broken Tower from Boița

The Broken Tower (Halbertum, Turnul Spart), the defense system’s third fortification, was built inside the gorge, just 5 km away from Turnu Rosu. The 20 meter high building had shooting windows at three levels and walls about Read More …

Eocene limestone geological reserve from Turnu Roșu-Porcești

The Eocene limestone from Turnu Roșu-Porcești (natural monument known as the “Limestone from Pocești”) make up a protected area of ​​national interest corresponding to IUCN’s third category (paleontological natural reserve), located in the south of Transylvania, in Read More …

Turnu Rosu Castle from Boiţa

In the village of Boiţa, Sibiu County, there is a castle that, once seen, will certainly remain in one’s memory due to its bright red appearance. Built in the early fifteenth century, the fortress of Boiţa was Read More …

Turnu Rosu Museum

Arranged in the building next to the church where the old school used to be located, it was opened in 1978 and includes authentic pieces representative to the village history, such as traditional costumes, looms, agricultural utensils. Read More …

“La Izvorul Dorului” Folklore Festival

Romanian cultural events used to be cultural sittings organized in order to clarify some issues troubling the life of the village, or to read books. They were held on Sundays or during winter. An important role was Read More …

Splashing those that are called Ion with water from Tălmăcel, unique tradition in Romania

“Udatul Ionilor” (translated as “Splashing those that are called Ion with water”) is a custom passed from generation to generation in Tălmăcel village, which is still being celebrated every year. On St. John the Baptist’s Day, right Read More …

“Pious Paraskevi” Orthodox Church from Tălmăcel

History tells us that in the time of barbarian invasions, the Romanians have found a hiding place in these parts and thus laid the foundation of the village called “Tălmăcel”. The village lies 23 km away from Read More …

Gospel Christian Church of Tălmaciu

The Christian Gospel Cult from Tălmaciu has a church and a Christian missionary association called “Golgota”. The church was built between 1992 and 1994 and took over the traditions of the Saxon population. Currently, this cult is Read More …

Romanian Monument of World War I in Sadu

Romanian Monument of World War was erected in memory of the fallen heroes of World War Sadu territory in 1916, exhumed and placed in a common pit here in 1925.

I.Piuariu-Molnar Memorial House from Sadu

Dr. Ioan Piuariu Molnar Memorial House – is located on the street with the same name, at number four. Ioan Piuariu-Molnar (b. 1749 in Sadu Sibiu – d. March 16, 1815, Cluj) is the first Romanian graduate Read More …

Sadu I Energy Museum – “Sigmund Dachler”

The Energy Museum was inaugurated in the main building of Sadu’s small power hydroelectric power plant, on September 19, 1996, on its one hundredth anniversary. It houses exhibits from the production, transmission and distribution of electricity in Read More …

The “Assumption” stone church from Sadu

The church is dedicated to the “Assumption” and is situated at the top of the village, being considered a historical monument. The exact date of its construction cannot be determined, but on the rectangular tombstone next to Read More …

The “Assumption” Wooden Church from Sadu village

The church is located in the center of the village and it has been declared a historical monument. The exact date of its construction has not been documented, nor has any evidence been found in this regard. Read More …

Brukenthal Summer Palace in Avrig

At the foot of the Transylvanian Carpathians, right in the middle of the town of Avrig, you find an unique baroque ensemble – the former summer residence of the Transylvanian governor Samuel von Brukenthal. Enjoy a visit Read More …